Friday, September 24, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

TGIF....

Today there were only two classes, demo and practical, which is a good way to end the week.  However, I was mistaken, and Monday and Tuesday next week I have 3 classes, and then Wednesday only 2 classes, and then final on Thursday.  It's really awkward because on Friday is graduation, but if you don't pass the final, you will get a phone call and are not allowed to attend.  Yikes!

Demo #026 was done yet again by Chef Benoit and featured the dreaded Rabbit dish (due to it's supposed difficulty).  "Civet de lapin a la Francaise", according to Chef is the epitome of French cuisine.  Although I don't really care for the taste of rabbit, the sauce (which uses red wine) is absolutely wonderful.  The other dishes were a Souffle au fromage (cheese souffle, incredible, it melts in your mouth) and Bavarois Rubane (some type of creamy gelatin dessert).

Practical #026 actually went really smoothly.  It involved deboning a rabbit (which looks remarkably like a cat would.. at least I think a cat would) and then marinating it in red wine & cognac and cooking for about an hour, and then making hand made pasta as well.  It was busy, and the major thing I messed up was that I forgot to make the croutons.  I had cut the bread up, but was in such a rush at the end I didn't get around to them.  Partially because I got a small cut, which slowed me down and distracted me.

Ahhh well!  Week four done-zo!  Some studying this weekend and some much needed sleep.  ZZzzzzzzzz..

I have some funny stories to write up, I'll see if I get around to it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment