Thursday, September 30, 2010

Now we wait...

Quick update:  I just finished my final exam... For the written portion, I had to write a Bon D'economat for the Civet de Lapin a la Francaise, and I completely forgot that there was pasta there.  Other than that, I hit most of the ingredients, if not the amounts so I'm happy with that.  For the practical portion I had Côte de veau à la crème, petits pois à la française with one starch and that went actually quite well, even though it was super busy.  My sauce was thickened a bit too much, but it was absolutely delicious.  I hope my meat was cooked, and I think my peas turned out well even though I over cooked my lardons.  Oh and I managed to turn 9 potatoes.  I used every minute of the 2:30 and hopefully I passed.  They will let me know by the end of the day if I did not, as you cannot attend graduation if you don't pass.  It looks like only seven of us will be attending graduation, two people have early morning flights tomorrow so won't be able to make it.

Overall, I feel good. I messed up a couple of things, but it was definitely edible and I did my best.

It doesn't seem fair to have to wait around for a phone call, so I'm not!  Going out drinking with my classmates instead!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
-THC

No comments:

Post a Comment